Whitton Water Treatment Works
Waveneys | Project Case Study
Whitton Water Treatment Works expansion comprised of increased treatment capacity of 14.8Ml/d. The purpose of the scheme was to ensure Iron and Manganese compliance and reliable disinfection.
WPL secured Mechanical and Electrical contracts on the site and the supply and installation of our Chlorination and Sulphur Dioxide Dosing (De-Chlorination) package plants.
Project Scope included the following:
- Design, supply, installation and testing of cable management systems, cabling, instrumentation and installation of all plant associated with the Switchboards and Motor Control Centres.
- Install and test Intruder Alarm System.
- Install and test Fibre Optic Cabling.
- Installation of site Borehole Headworks local control panels.
- Installation of temporary power generation to enable pre-commissioning of BH sites and drives.
- Installation of Water Quality Monitoring backboards and associated pipework.
- On the back of the main works WPL received orders to complete a remote site feeding Whitton works, comprising of new and refurbished Borehole headworks, standby generator and Motor Control Centre.
Also in this section…